Chemistry info Chapter 4 Practice Evaluation
1 . A 20. 0-g sample of HF is dissolved in water to offer 2 . 0 102 mL of solution. The concentration of the solution can be:
a)1. zero M
b)3. 0 M
c)0. 12 M
d)5. 0 M
e)10. zero M
Ans: d)5. 0 MPage: 5. 3
2 . Which with the following aqueous solutions contains the greatest number of ions?
a)400. 0 cubic centimeters of 0. 10 M NaCl
b)300. 0 cubic centimeters of zero. 10 M CaCl2
c)200. 0 cubic centimeters of 0. 10 M FeCl3
d)200. 0 milliliters of 0. 10 M KBr
e)800. 0 milliliters of 0. 10 Meters sucrose
ANS: b)300. 0 mL of 0. 12 M CaCl2 PAGE: some. 3
a few. What mass of calcium supplements chloride, CaCl2, is needed to prepare 2 . 850 L of a 1 . 56 M answer?
a)25. 9 g
b)60. 8 g
ANS: e)493 gPAGE: 4. 3
some. What amount of 18. zero M sulfuric acid can be used to prepare 12-15. 5 D of zero. 195 M H2SO4?
b)0. 336 L
c)92. 3 mL
e)none of these
Ans: a)168 mLPage: 4. a few
5. The internet ionic equation for the reaction of lightweight aluminum sulfate and sodium hydroxide contains which in turn of the pursuing species?
ANS: c)3OH–(aq)PAGE: 4. 6, 8
6th. Which in the following can be described as strong chemical p?
ANS: c)HClO4PAGE: 4. 2
several. Which from the following is not a good base?
Ans: c)NH3Page: 4. 2
8. Once sodium chloride and lead(II) nitrate react in an aqueous solution, which will of the pursuing terms will be present in the balanced molecular equation?
Ans: d)2NaNO3(aq)Page: 4. your five, 6
on the lookout for. You blend 260. milliliters of 1. 20 M lead(II) nitrate with 300. milliliters of 1. 80 M potassium iodide. The lead(II) iodide is absurde. Which of the following is definitely false?
a)The final concentration of Pb2+ ions is definitely 0. 0482 M.
b)You form 131 g of lead(II) iodide.
c)The final concentration of K+ can be 1 . 02 M.
d)The final focus of NO3- is 1 ) 02 Meters.
e)All will be true.
Ans: d)The final concentration of NO3- can be 1 . 02 M. Site: 4. 5-7 10. The concentration of your salt water solution which sits within an open beaker decreases as time passes.
Ans: FalsePage: 4. 3
11. The following reactions:
Pb2+ + 2I– PbI2
2Ce4+ + 2I– I2 & 2Ce3+
HOAc + NH3 NH4+ + OAc–
are types of
c)precipitation, acid-base, and redox reactions, respectively.
d)redox, acid-base, and anticipation reactions, respectively.
e)precipitation, redox, and acid-base reactions, correspondingly.
Ans: e)precipitation, redox, and acid-base reactions, respectively. Webpage: 4. 4-9 12–14. Aqueous solutions of barium chloride and silver nitrate are mixed to form solid metallic chloride and aqueous ba (symbol) nitrate.
doze. The balanced molecular formula contains which of the next terms?
Ans: b)2AgCl(s)Page: 4. a few, 6
13. The balanced complete ionic equation includes which with the following terms?
d)NO3 – (aq)
e)3NO3 – (aq)
Ans: c)2Ag+(aq)Page: 4. 5, 6
14. The net ionic formula contains which of the subsequent terms?
c)NO3 – (aq)
d)2NO3 – (aq)
e)none of these
Ans: a)Ag+(aq)Page: four. 5, 6
15. When NH3(aq) is usually added to Cu2+(aq), a medications initially varieties. Its formulation is:
Ans: c)Cu(OH)2Page: 4. your five
16. An answer contains the ions Ag+, Pb2+, and Ni2+. Dilute alternatives of NaCl, Na2SO4, and Na2S can be found to separate the positive ions coming from each other. In order to effect separating, the alternatives should be added in which order?
a)Na2SO4, NaCl, Na2S
b)Na2SO4, Na2S, NaCl
c)Na2S, NaCl, Na2SO4
d)NaCl, Na2S, Na2SO4
e)NaCl, Na2SO4, Na2S
Ans: a)Na2SO4, NaCl, Na2SPage: some. 5
18. In the well-balanced molecular formula for the neutralization of...